Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: UI stuff

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: UI stuff
From: Mike Rawes (mike_rawes_AT_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 17:19:44 EEST

 --- torbenh_AT_gmx.de wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 07:02:30PM +0100, Mike Rawes wrote:
> > On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 14:20:41 +0200
> > torbenh_AT_gmx.de wrote:
> > > galan has:
> > > left click -> up down movement
> > > right click -> knob points to mouse
> > >
> > > middle click is still undefined ... what shall i add here ?
> >
> > Rotary movement? The advantage of this is finer granularity if you
> > increase the radius.
>
> i think thats what the right click does.

You're right, of course - my brain must have obfuscated 'knob points to mouse'!
There's always 'distance from centre of knob to mouse' :)

FWIW, I personally don't believe it matters much which method is used - it
takes just one or two seconds to determine the behaviour for a particular app.

The problem with a knob is, unlike a slider, their behaviour only really works
in physical form (they fit snugly between thumb and finger), and doesn't
translate well to the screen+mouse - it has to be 'fudged' somehow, hence the
variety of behaviours in apps.

-
Myk