Re: [linux-audio-dev] Knobs, the reply

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Knobs, the reply
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Fri Jun 11 2004 - 07:54:17 EEST

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 08:42:42PM -0400, Dave Robillard wrote:
> Speaking of touchpads, does anyone know of a (usb) touchpad that works
> with your finger, not just a pen? (The only ones I've seen just work
> with the stylus, which is no good)

I'm guessing you mean a big one, like 15 or 20 cm on a side?
I've never seen one that big that wasn't a pen-controlled art thingie.

... on the other hand, google finds everything... check this out,
not cheap but looks very interesting and they seem to be linux-friendly!
http://www.fingerworks.com/igesture.html

Currently I use a Fellowes (nee Cirque) touchpad as my primary mouse.
It's a bit bigger than a laptop touchpad, but not by much.
Like this one:
http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?RestartFlow=t&Section_Id=1795&Product_Id=813772&Product_Name=FELLOWES+99841+Internet+Glidepoint+Touchpad

--

Paul Winkler http://www.slinkp.com