Re: [linux-audio-dev] Knobs, the reply

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Knobs, the reply
From: Dave Robillard (drobilla_AT_connect.carleton.ca)
Date: Fri Jun 11 2004 - 03:42:42 EEST

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 20:21, Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 11:55:32PM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 11:28:01 -0700, Tim Hockin wrote:
> > > I think that your frontal lobe is saying "knobs are round, move the mouse
> > > around them" but I still believe that your hand will find it more
> > > intuitive and correct to move the mouse in one direction - up and down.
> >
> > Hmm... I've just realised that I dont actually use mice, I prefer
> > touchpads, which make different movements easier.
>
> +1. Aside from the growing number of "laptop DJs" out there,
> I actually use a touchpad on my desktop because it doesn't
> fsck up my hand as badly as prolonged mouse useage does.

Speaking of touchpads, does anyone know of a (usb) touchpad that works
with your finger, not just a pen? (The only ones I've seen just work
with the stylus, which is no good)

I want to get one and set it up as a MIDI controller, like a poor mans
Kaoss Pad (and what I think would be the ultimate expressive MIDI
controller).

Surely one of these things must exist?

-DR-