Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sliders 2

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sliders 2
From: Jens M Andreasen (jens.andreasen_AT_chello.se)
Date: Sat Jun 12 2004 - 20:34:10 EEST

On lör, 2004-06-12 at 17:45, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 04:13:14PM +0200, Jens M Andreasen wrote:
> >
> > The glass looks slippery. Maybe a bit of noise or a diamond-pattern
> > could make it look more rubbery and grab friendly?
>
> I understand. But applying a pattern to the whole thing
> would add visual noise making it harder to read. Might also
> look like it would be draggable as one part.
> Applying a pattern to the 'positive' part would break the
> notion that it's one unfiform clickable area.

Uhmm ... Maybe we are loosing each other here?

I was thinking along the lines of:

 pct = 25%

 paint(grey_pattern,100 - pct)
 paint(orangejuice_pattern,pct)
 paintdivisor(black,pct)
 paintframe() // including shadows

 do_the_fan(mouse_position,component_home,screen)

Painting the divisor and the frame seperately should give you a clear
look, no?

/jens