Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sliders 2

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sliders 2
From: Thorsten Wilms (t_w__AT_freenet.de)
Date: Sun Jun 13 2004 - 00:00:06 EEST

On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 07:34:10PM +0200, Jens M Andreasen wrote:

> I was thinking along the lines of:
>
> pct = 25%
>
> paint(grey_pattern,100 - pct)
> paint(orangejuice_pattern,pct)
> paintdivisor(black,pct)
> paintframe() // including shadows
>
> do_the_fan(mouse_position,component_home,screen)

After spending some time staring at the above,
I wonder if it is supposed to tell me anything
besides use of independent patterns for background
and bar/juice, and that the value for the example
is 25 of 100?

But I will not complain if you further develop
the code ... :)

> Painting the divisor and the frame seperately should give you a clear
> look, no?

Huh? Where's the connection to using patterns here?

But anyway, for a less slippery look the best might
be to get rid of the pseudo glass. Might try that
out later on.

---
Thorsten Wilms