Re: [linux-audio-dev] Buffer size settings - Mac/Windows

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Buffer size settings - Mac/Windows
From: Michael Ost (most_AT_museresearch.com)
Date: Sat Jun 12 2004 - 23:00:58 EEST

Well, no responses, no surprise... since this is a Windows/Mac issue.
But if you are curious, we scoped a win2k machine with a audiophile card
running vstack.

The latencies showed that the 128 sample setting matches an ALSA "semi
buffer". That is, a minimum of 256 samples of latency. This despite the
128-sample-like latency claims in the MAudio driver setup dialog.

Anyway, more info for the curious... mo