[linux-audio-dev] [ANNOUNCE] Editor/Librarian for Rolands Alpha Juno synths

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] [ANNOUNCE] Editor/Librarian for Rolands Alpha Juno synths
From: Chris (chriswareham_AT_chriswareham.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sun Jun 13 2004 - 22:26:46 EEST

Hi,

The first release of my patch editor and librarian for Rolands Alpha
Juno synths is available at:

  http://www.chriswareham.demon.co.uk/software/alphajuno/index.html

It has been tested with an Alpha Juno 1, but should also support the
Alpha Juno 2 and MKS 50 synthesisers.

Now the bad news. I wrote the program on NetBSD, and I don't have access
to a Linux machine to tweak and test it there. The only things that
should need tweaking are in the source file "midi.c". If anyone could
compile the program on Linux and let me have a diff of any changes, I
would be most grateful. Failing that, I hope to have enough disk space
to dual boot Linux as well as NetBSD in the near future, at which time I
will port the program myself.

As this has been quite an enjoyable and easy program to write, I am now
interested in writing a generic editor and librarian for free Unix
platforms. I am aware of the excellent JSynthLib, but its reliance on
Java means it isn't easily ported across all the free Unix flavours.
Writing a similar program in C or C++ would be the goal I'd like to
pursue. Anyone interested in helping out (or who can point me at a
project that's already undertaken this) please get in touch.

Regards,

Chris