Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANNOUNCE] Editor/Librarian for Rolands Alpha Juno synths

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANNOUNCE] Editor/Librarian for Rolands Alpha Juno synths
From: Chris (chriswareham_AT_chriswareham.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 18:51:44 EEST

Chris wrote:

> Now the bad news. I wrote the program on NetBSD, and I don't have access
> to a Linux machine to tweak and test it there. The only things that
> should need tweaking are in the source file "midi.c". If anyone could
> compile the program on Linux and let me have a diff of any changes, I
> would be most grateful. Failing that, I hope to have enough disk space
> to dual boot Linux as well as NetBSD in the near future, at which time I
> will port the program myself.

OK, I've ported to Linux. I only managed to get access to a machine
running RedHat 9, so the MIDI support is for OSS rather than ALSA. To be
honest, ALSA seems to have a glaring lack of documentation. If there's
anyone on this list with an Alpha Juno synth, then I'd appreciate any
feedback about running my editor on Linux.

Regards,

Chris