[linux-audio-dev] jack in a live situation

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] jack in a live situation
From: Dave Griffiths (dave_AT_pawfal.org)
Date: Wed Jun 16 2004 - 19:29:26 EEST

Hi all,

A question regarding jack use in a live setting. As far as I can tell
the soft mode only works with non realtime jack. What should I do if I
want realtime performance, but a really forgiving server, so dropouts
never cause the server to timeout. It's more important to me to have
continuous rather than glitch free audio (I never ever want everything
to shut down)

If the answer is ultimately to write better jack clients - thats Ok ;)

cheers,

dave