Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] New releases of Aeolus and Jaaa

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] New releases of Aeolus and Jaaa
From: Albert Graef (Dr.Graef_AT_t-online.de)
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 03:39:58 EEST

Hi, Fons,

thanks so much for this truly wonderful instrument, I'm sure we are
going to have very much fun with it. :)

I have a couple of questions, though:

1. I can't seem to get the ALSA output working. (ALSA MIDI input and
Jack output works ok.) When I try to start aeolus with -A, I get:

ALSA lib pcm_mmap.c:362:(snd_pcm_mmap) shmget failed: No space left on
device
Alsa_driver: can't set hardware parameters.
Alsa_driver: can't set playback hardware parameters.
Can't connect to ALSA

Does anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong there? Do I have to enable
some kind of shared mem extension in ALSA? I am using Aeolus 0.2.0 on
SuSE 9.0 with the included Alsa 0.9.6, the soundcard is an sblive.

2. I noticed that you have put up some recordings on the aeolus website.
Are the original midi files by Matthias Nagorni also available somewhere?

3. Besides Werckmeister III there's another "well temperament" in the
tuning config. Which one is that?

4. Are the temperaments configurable somewhere? Do you have any plans to
support the MIDI tuning standard?

TIA,
Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany