Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio over Ethernet / Livewire

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio over Ethernet / Livewire
From: Lee Revell (rlrevell_AT_joe-job.com)
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 23:10:56 EEST

As a disinterested observer, I would just like to point out that it will
be *critical* to use good quality switches in a setup like this.

It will be tempting to cheap out because Ciscos are so much more
expensive than anything else. They are worth every penny.

I recently came off a 3 year stint as a sysadmin/programmer for a good
sized ISP, and I saw a lot of network gear come and go, and a godawful
amount of time wasted because someone was too cheap to buy a Cisco. I
would never allow anything else in my studio.

BTW, I do not own any Cisco stock. I am also not really interested
in arguing this point because you will *never* convince me otherwise.

Lee