Re: [linux-audio-dev] Knobs / widget design (radial movement)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Knobs / widget design (radial movement)
From: Dave Griffiths (dave_AT_pawfal.org)
Date: Sat Jun 26 2004 - 03:41:17 EEST

On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 23:15, Pete Bessman wrote:
> At Fri, 25 Jun 2004 18:00:42 +0200,
> Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> Dave Griffiths said something above about "hiding functionality for
> the users to find." That, to, is just wrong. This isn't a videogame
> or Where's Waldo.

heh heh, funnily enough - I am writing a video game-music app:
http://www.pawfal.org/index.php/AutumnPage
Having worked professionally on related things, I just can't stand the
"I HAVE to understand everything about an interface in 5 SECONDS!"
attitude to gui design. People can learn things, it's part of playing
music on real instruments - why can't it be part of playing computer
instruments?

> I have a very simple request for everybody who loathes
> "plug-and-drool" usability: show me the tunes. That's all.

amen to that.

cheers,

dave