[linux-audio-dev] fixed point?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] fixed point?
From: derek holzer (derek_AT_x-i.net)
Date: Sun Jun 27 2004 - 02:18:42 EEST

hi all,

I'm starting some work with audio applications on Familiar for the IPAQ.
I was wondering if anybody here can point me in the direction of some
fixed-point audio software for "investigative" purposes.

Probably the holy grail of fixed-point audio would be a fixed-point MP3
or OGG encoder. I've been pouring through list archives and Google,
trying to turn one up, but all I find are embedded, proprietary
encoders. I know about MAD and Tremor [for mp3 and ogg repsectively],
but both are decoders only.

Anybody working on a fixed-point version of Ecasound, BTW? I've seen it
already runs on the IPAQ, just very slowly... What about other harddisk
recorders using fixed point?

best,
d.

--