Re: [linux-audio-dev] fixed point?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] fixed point?
From: Erik de Castro Lopo (erikd-lad_AT_mega-nerd.com)
Date: Sun Jun 27 2004 - 03:19:34 EEST

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 01:18:42 +0200
derek holzer <derek_AT_x-i.net> wrote:

> Anybody working on a fixed-point version of Ecasound, BTW? I've seen it
> already runs on the IPAQ, just very slowly... What about other harddisk
> recorders using fixed point?

I have a very good start on a recorder for Familiar on iPAQ. Its
specifically targeted at the PDAudioCF card:

    http://www.core-sound.com/HighResRecorderNews.html

I'm basically waiting for the drivers to stabilize before I release. It
currently only records PCM WAV files but does do 16 and 24 bit. It also
probably needs a bit of a code cleanup before release.

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam_AT_mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"Compiling C code with warnings switched off is like practicing
high wire trapeze without a safety net. Even experienced
practitioners try to avoid it." -- me