Re: [linux-audio-dev] Song file format : ascii or binary ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Song file format : ascii or binary ?
From: Greg Lee (greg_AT_ling.lll.hawaii.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 16:12:43 EEST

Olivier Guilyardi wrote:
> Jorge García wrote:
>

>> I think zlib does that,
>>

> I can't see anything about archiving files in zlib.h, it's only about
> compressing data. But I just found this one :
> http://www.feep.net/libtar
>
> It looks very nice and simple. And it seems I could do on-the-fly FLAC
> compression, while on-the-fly-writing the tarball itself.

See also zziplib. From the README:

PROJECT
   The zziplib provides read access to zipped files in a zip-archive,
   using compression based solely on free algorithms provided by zlib.
   It also provides a functionality to overlay the archive filesystem
   with the filesystem of the operating system environment.

HOMEPAGE
   The zziplib project is hosted at SourceForge, the complete
   documentation can be found at http://zziplib.sf.net - the
   SourceForge servers are also used to distribute the sources
   of the zziplib project. Releases are announced via the
   freshmeat services on http://freshmeat.net/projects/zziplib