[linux-audio-dev] OSC for GUI-Engine communication

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] OSC for GUI-Engine communication
From: Dave Robillard (drobilla_AT_connect.carleton.ca)
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 18:31:43 EEST

Hello,

I'm writing an audio engine that will communicate with the outside world
exclusively via OSC (and perhaps MIDI, but I digress..) It's much more
generic, but for the sake of argument let's say the engine is a synth
and it needs to talk to a GUI.

I need realtime appropriate performance for parameters, and two-way
communication (though the synth -> GUI is really simple and not
performance critical - error reporting etc.)

The question is, which implementation is best? All I can find is
Steve's liblo, libosc++, and the 'official' OSC kit. What are the
advantages/drawbacks of each? I can find very little information on any
of them.

Thanks,

-DR-