Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: OSC vs MIDI

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: OSC vs MIDI
From: smoerk (smoerk_AT_gmx.de)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 18:06:28 EEST

> OSC over bluetooth is interesting. Any comments on it? How easy is the
> hardware to build? I know you can wire PICs to USB easily, but I dont know
> much about bluetooth.
>
> Would it be worth adding a bluetooth transport to liblo?

i never was able to get below a latency nelow 15-20 ms and spikes here
and there (if you want run jitter-free i guess you have a latency of
30-50ms or more). i don't know if this is only my setup or if this is
normal with bluetooth. for real-time musical controlers it's way to
slow. but i guess there are still enough applications were latency
doesn't matter.

what do you mean with a bluetooth transport?