Re: [linux-audio-dev] Announcing the Polypaudio sound server

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Announcing the Polypaudio sound server
From: Robert Jonsson (rj_AT_spamatica.se)
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 11:59:54 EEST

Hi Lennart,

On Wednesday 08 September 2004 14.42, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am pleased to announce version 0.4 of the Polypaudio sound
> server. See
>
> http://0pointer.de/lennart/projects/polypaudio/
>
> for more information.
>
> I will try to push Polypaudio into both Gnome and KDE as replacement
> for esound resp. aRts.

I'm sorry but I think this is a dead mission. People has tried for years, and
years, and years... to get this sorted out somehow.
The latest I heard is that they finally are settling on gstreamer as a common
backend. Stirring this up again might be in vain and possibly a bad idea.

But please don't take my word for it, I'm not so well informed, do try and
find out more about it. If gstreamer is not the saviour there is indeed a
need for one.

/Robert

--
http://spamatica.se/music/