Re: [linux-audio-dev] Drum synth

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Drum synth
From: Thorsten Wilms (t_w__AT_freenet.de)
Date: Sat Sep 18 2004 - 21:39:05 EEST

On Sat, Sep 18, 2004 at 10:04:30PM +0400, Dmitry Baikov wrote:
> Hello.
> I finally started making my pet music project and realized I need a
> drum synth to make some cool sounds. psindustrializer is good but also
> need some tr-909-style sounds. I remeber from my old windoze days I
> used a nice piece of software called Stomper. Does anybody know any
> software for linux with comparable capabilities? Or we need to write
> one?

I had quite some fun with Stomper (a long time ago).
Don't know about anything comparable on linux.

Loki is interested in writing a physical modeling
based drumsynth. He's more interested in rather
realistic sounds, not 909 style.
Personaly, I think a drumsynth should allow both
beatbox and realistic sounds, idealy in one
model (not switching engines).

You can catch Loki as LFactor on #lad, or take a
look here:
http://www.gazuga.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=18

---
Thorsten Wilms