[linux-audio-dev] ANNOUNCE: Polypaudio 0.5.1

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] ANNOUNCE: Polypaudio 0.5.1
From: Lennart Poettering (mzynq_AT_0pointer.de)
Date: Fri Sep 24 2004 - 02:55:07 EEST

Hi!

A few minutes ago I released version 0.5.1 of the Polypaudio sound
server. Changes include:

- improved esound protocol compatibility
- fix autospawning via libesd
- make use of POSIX capabilities
- allow SCHED_FIFO scheduling only for users in group realtime
- minor build system fix.

Since I didn't announce Polypaudio 0.5 on the LAD list, here is the
changelog of 0.5:

- extensive API improvements
- new module module-combine for combining multiple sound cards into one
- gcc 2.95 compatibility
- configuration files
- "lazy" samples
- support for source and network latency measurements (in addition to sink latency measurements)
- add module-pipe-source
- many other fixes and improvements.

Thanks,
        Lennart

--
name { Lennart Poettering } loc { Hamburg - Germany }
mail { mzft (at) 0pointer (dot) de } gpg { 1A015CC4 }