Re: [linux-audio-dev] 3D fft analysis program

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] 3D fft analysis program
From: michael tewner (tewner_AT_jct.ac.il)
Date: Sun Oct 17 2004 - 13:13:20 EEST

I'm currently doing this in TCL/TK. I started using the snack audio
library which (anong other things) makes spectrograms. I give it
consecutive chunks of audio and have it redraw to the canvas every n
milliseconds. I think it's having trouble keepingup, and it only knows how
to do 2d plots.

I'm considering doing the processing beforehand (ie, on load) and storing
the entire time-domain fft into a matrix, then using a graphics library
(plot3d) to graph it in real time... unless I can figure outhow to
multithread the program to allow one function to read ahead while the
other graphs it.

Anyway, I've never programed tcl/tk before, but I'm trying to get this
done before january.

-tewner