Re: [linux-audio-dev] anyone interested to develop a new apps ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] anyone interested to develop a new apps ?
From: Florian Schmidt (mista.tapas_AT_gmx.net)
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 01:23:15 EEST

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 23:06:50 +0200
Frank Barknecht <fbar_AT_footils.org> wrote:

> Or from Pd. ;-P
>
> Now, as SuperCollider is mentioned: Are there any news on the
> SuperCollider vs. Vim front? I'm always put off from digging deeper
> into SC, because on Linux it somehow forces me to use Emacs to make
> the most of it, and I just don't like Emacs (no editor war, please). I
> would really like to see a nice interface for Vim users, but as I
> don't know SC3 enough yet, I'd prefer it, if I could just download a
> cool filetype plugin for SuperCollider somewhere.

Hi,

of course you can use SC w/o emacs as you know (just use scsynth directly or
pipe to/fro it. But there might be another option in the (maybe not so)
distant future.. Afaik the win32 SC gui (which is not quote finished) is
implemented in wxwidgets, so i suppose it might be worth pursuing porting it
to linux. Of course only for people who don't know emacs. btw: i'm not too
much of an emacs guy myself (mildly put) but i must admit that in a way the
emacs/sc combination works very well.

flo