[linux-audio-dev] Tascam US428 Hangup

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Tascam US428 Hangup
From: Spencer Russell (Spencer.Russell_AT_oberlin.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 13 2004 - 04:03:24 EET

Hullo, there,
I've got a Tascam us428 audio/midi interface/control surface, and
I've had a heck of a time trying to get it working. It seems to
work alright if I use the device directly with xmms, but when I
try to start jack, my system hangs. Sometimes it waits a while
before hanging, sometimes it stops immediately when I start jack.
I happed to have a tail -f of syslog running this most recent
time, and noticed that at the same time it stopped working, the
message:
kernel: ALSA: ../../alsa-kernel/usb/usx2y/usbusx2yaudio.c: \
        205: -11
came up. Looking at that file in the source, the error happens in
function usX2Y_urb_submit(). Here's the line:
        if ((err = usb_submit_urb(urb, GFP_ATOMIC)) < 0) {
                snd_printk("%i\n", err); <-- This is line 205
                return err;
        }
I have only basic programming skills, and to me it seems like the
function is doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing, and
printing the error code -11. But I have no idea what that means,
or I could be completely wrong. I'm using kernel version 2.4.26
with the low latency and preemption patches. Thanks for any help.

spencer