Re: [linux-audio-dev] Tascam US428 Hangup

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Tascam US428 Hangup
From: Uwe Koloska (lad_AT_koloro.de)
Date: Wed Nov 17 2004 - 23:14:00 EET

Hello,

It was the 13. November 2004 when Spencer Russell wrote:
> Hullo, there,
> I've got a Tascam us428 audio/midi interface/control surface, and

I've got a Tascam us122

> I've had a heck of a time trying to get it working. It seems to
> work alright if I use the device directly with xmms, but when I
> try to start jack, my system hangs.

and it's the same here. The interface initalizes and gets its firmware but if
I try to send audio to it
- starting jack with this device
- using aplay with this device
the machine freezes -- no chance to get in either by any keyboard command
(haven't tried -- what's the name? -- sysrq) or via network (ssh) from
another machine ...

This is the current SuSE 9.2 with kernel 2.6.8 (patched from SuSE to be
something like 2.6.9rc2) with the realtime kernelmodule and snd-usb-usx2y
0.7.3.

Thanks for your help!
Uwe