Re: [linux-audio-dev] Tascam US428 Hangup

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Tascam US428 Hangup
From: Uwe Koloska (koloska_AT_voiceinterconnect.de)
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 20:08:17 EET

Rui Nuno Capela wrote:

> If you're on a OHCI based USB system this is an known issue.

Yes and no. I have both OHCI and EHCI (is this right -- anyway the
other one ;-) So, I have to use the EHCI port, right?

Hopefully, it's not the one on the board like for some other guys
that have reported this problem ...

> It has been ironed out by snd-usb-usx2y 0.8.6 as you may find on latest
> alsa-driver-1.0.7 (also on 2.6.10-rc2-mm1 kernel).

But then again the problem of making a new kernel modul or a new
kernel for my distro (now SuSE 9.2).

The last time I tried to install a 2.6.9 (with all audio patches) I
gave up, cause many of the skripts (usb, hotplug) have stopped working.

What about deMuDi 1.2.0? Is this one able to work with the tascam
usb interfaces?

There is so much music to do ...

Uwe

--
voiceINTERconnect www.voiceinterconnect.de
... smart speech applications from germany