[linux-audio-dev] Re: [Alsa-devel] Firewire Audio Card Support

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [Alsa-devel] Firewire Audio Card Support
From: Lee Revell (rlrevell_AT_joe-job.com)
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 22:16:49 EET

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 16:09 +0100, Giuliano Pochini wrote:
> No, it's not hard because there are a lot of skilled people around, but
> the card would be expensive. There was a thread about a project of "open
> source" graphic card recently on lkml.

And I posted a [possibly OT] rant to that thread about how this was a
waste of time and how you could REALLY make a killing with open sound
hardware.

http://lkml.org/lkml/2004/10/23/292

I got one "right on, brother" response via private mail and that was it.
But then again half the kernel guys don't have sound cards in their
machines ;-)

Lee