Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [Alsa-devel] Firewire Audio Card Support

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [Alsa-devel] Firewire Audio Card Support
From: Jens M Andreasen (jens.andreasen_AT_chello.se)
Date: Fri Nov 19 2004 - 00:35:04 EET

On tor, 2004-11-18 at 15:44 +0100, Amaury Jacquot wrote:

> what's the rationale behind the "we won't release any docs" nonsense ?

Short answer: IP! (Intellectual Propererty!) Combine that with PHB
(Pointy Haired Boss), and you can't tell anything obvious without
loosing your job.

> someone needs to come out with a professionnal libre-design sound
> card... (can't be that hard)

Mmmm ... I could do the opcodes allright. I'd hate to do the soldering
though(, and forget about producing that layered card.)

--
Jens M Andreasen <jens.andreasen_AT_chello.se>