Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Behringer how much longer?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Behringer how much longer?
From: Lachlan Davison (ltdav1_AT_student.monash.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 16:39:08 EET

Paul Davis <paul_AT_linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> >ka0394/en/loop_soup/) I think sometimes we seem to miss the point of actually
> >making music with this stuff...
>
> wrong list. this is LAD, not LAU. here we like to focus on the real
> point: dreaming of making music as inspiration for writing thousands
> of lines of code :)
>
> --p

Yeah, true! ;-) i just mean that sometime the coding seems some what removed from the final point, i.e ahh, a new lib, a new feature, etc, but not focused towards how this can be applied to actually making music, how it will sound better. No one here chats about developing a really nice sounding bassline synth such as a tb303 devilfish mod or borg. Lots of people think seem to think these simple problems arn't worth exploring and go on to another general synthesis language or something... probably just venting here! Though the recent DSSI plugins seem to be helping this a lot. This might just be a somewhat frustrated house/prog/breaks fan somewhat jeleous of his friends with lot of hardware. The lack of RT drum synth will soon be fixed! ;-)

Loki