Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Behringer

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Behringer
From: Dave Robillard (drobilla_AT_connect.carleton.ca)
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 21:20:05 EET

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 23:58 -0700, Doug Wellington wrote:
> Previously:
> > I'm not even going to justify that with a response - you're putting
> > so many words into my mouth it's ridiculous.
>
> <quotes>
> Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 11:42:44 -0500
> From: Dave Robillard <drobilla_AT_connect.carleton.ca>
> Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Behringer
> > We hardly have any right to complain if we don't even express
> > distaste with their newfound fascist strategy.
>
> Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 11:57:11 -0500
> From: Dave Robillard <drobilla_AT_connect.carleton.ca>
> Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Behringer
> > There are very valid technical reasons why a closed piece of hardware is
> > a POS from a Linux user's perspective.
> </quotes>
>
> And the implicit meanings of those two quotes are?
>
> > Anyway, read the email you're replying to again, note it's purpose, and
> > decide if replying as you did was really a good idea. Enough. Please.
>
> Can you help me by clarifying "it's purpose" [sic]...? Maybe I've got it all wrong - I thought you were just bitching because RME didn't give you something you wanted and you were trying to rally the LAD troops to create a big stink to try to get RME to give it to you... ;-)

The purpose, if you actually READ the f****** thing, was to stop the
useless flaming in this thread. Which, for the record, is the ONLY
thing YOU have contributed at all.

Obviously more subtle suggestions aren't effective with you, so I'll be
more to the point:

Shut up. Control that trollish urge to hit the reply button and call me
nasty names, and just don't (I won't reply anyway). Thank you.

-DR- (who is officially done feeding the troll)