Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Behringer

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Behringer
From: Doug Wellington (ddw_AT_dakotacom.net)
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 08:58:58 EET

Previously:
> I'm not even going to justify that with a response - you're putting
> so many words into my mouth it's ridiculous.

<quotes>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 11:42:44 -0500
From: Dave Robillard <drobilla_AT_connect.carleton.ca>

Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 11:57:11 -0500
From: Dave Robillard <drobilla_AT_connect.carleton.ca>
> There are very valid technical reasons why a closed piece of hardware is
> a POS from a Linux user's perspective.
</quotes>

And the implicit meanings of those two quotes are?

> Anyway, read the email you're replying to again, note it's purpose, and
> decide if replying as you did was really a good idea. Enough. Please.

Can you help me by clarifying "it's purpose" [sic]...? Maybe I've got it all wrong - I thought you were just bitching because RME didn't give you something you wanted and you were trying to rally the LAD troops to create a big stink to try to get RME to give it to you... ;-)

> The question is not "why limit yourself". I am not limiting myself.
> RME is limiting me. (In a way. Don't go there)

"Don't go there"? If you don't want me or anyone else to go there, why bother bringing it up in the first place? Are you trying to be a martyr?

-Doug