Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: jack, low latency and IO

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: jack, low latency and IO
From: Lee Revell (rlrevell_AT_joe-job.com)
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 23:49:08 EET

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 22:33 +0100, Jens M Andreasen wrote:
> The mouse-down, mouse-dragged signals (and friends) fits within realtime
> constraints. It is the 'do_running_fading_ink_repaint()' (or whatever)
> that you need to keep low priority, albeit probably above Mozilla
> repainting some nasty ads on its current page.

FWIW, none of the OSX systems I have used handle this well at all.
Flash ads running in a background mozilla window will steal excessive
CPU from the Pro Tools (or DP or whatever) GUI. Of course the audio is
not affected, just the GUI.

This seems to work OK on Windows, probably due to the "feature" where it
boosts the priority of the foreground window.

Lee