[linux-audio-dev] MIDI routing with Python and ALSA?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] MIDI routing with Python and ALSA?
From: Peter Brinkmann (brinkman_AT_math.tu-berlin.de)
Date: Wed Dec 08 2004 - 00:10:42 EET

Hi,
I've been thinking about building a simple MIDI router with Python
and ALSA. My main motivation is to (a) save, process, and write back
bulk data from my master keyboard, and (b) map control change events
from the keyboard to GUI events, but of course note events and such
should be handled as well.

Does anything like this exist? If not, does some part of it exist?
For instance, it would be extremely helpful to have a Python wrapper
for ALSA structs such as snd_seq_event_t. Any thoughts would be
appreciated.
Best,
    Peter