Re: [linux-audio-dev] Request/Offer: Debian package for Scala

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Request/Offer: Debian package for Scala
From: Marek Peteraj (marpet_AT_naex.sk)
Date: Mon Dec 20 2004 - 02:41:25 EET

> B) The GPL is not the be all end all ideal of licenses.

Actually it's a rather smart license and i'm glad it's been widely
adopted. The fact that GPL needs another revision is another story.

> > OTOH, how do you measure the value of Scala or any other
application?
> > Is it determined by popularity?
> Perhaps utility.

Err, actually the more people find it useful the more popular it is.

<snip a whole lot>

> Every extra developer adds administrative overhead. Accounts must be
> established, patches inspected, debates resolved, boo-boos kissed. Not
> everybody has time for the drama.

I can't believe what i'm reading.

> A) This is Linux Audio list not EFF. The S/N ratio here sucks as it
> is. (oh sweet irony)

Let me suggest that we all just shut up from now on?

Marek