Re: [linux-audio-dev] pyseq - MIDI routing with Python and ALSA

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] pyseq - MIDI routing with Python and ALSA
From: Peter Brinkmann (brinkman_AT_math.tu-berlin.de)
Date: Tue Dec 21 2004 - 01:39:31 EET

Hi Tim,
> Python won't fly supersonic anyway; so as long as you're not expecting
> sub-millisecond latency from your MIDI -> X signal path I don't see
> why it shouldn't work. However, binding to certain widgets might prove
> hard if they don't come with their own X Window ID.
Quick update: I've built a basic tool for mapping MIDI control events to
X events. The current version maps MIDI events to one of three possibilities:
Mouse clicks, keystrokes, and mouse drags. It's got a little GUI that lets
you calibrate those mappings on the fly, and I can already use it to control
programs like jamin, for example. You can find the current version at
    http://www.math.tu-berlin.de/~brinkman/software/pyseq.tgz
if you're interested.
Best,
    Peter