Re: [linux-audio-dev] Plans/Roadmaps for 2005?

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Fri Jan 07 2005 - 22:32:41 EET

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 15:40 +0100, Florian Schmidt wrote:
> i'm writing this email, because i'm interested in what plans the
> different linux audio developers have for the year 2005 Any new
> revolutionary applications planned? Major changes to some of the
> existing apps? So let us know. What are your roadmaps for 2005? What are
> you guys up to?

I plan to get my patch adding multichannel support to the emu10k1 ALSA
driver merged, then work on a real hwdep mixer app (probably by
extending ld10k1/qlo10k1). As many of you know I'm a big fan of these
cards, they are extremely cheap and (with good driver support) perfect
for an entry level DAW, like a portastudio or something. Anyone who has
used the kX drivers on Windows knows how much potential this device has,
and unfortunately the Linux support is still a joke compared to the kX
driver can do. But, that is all about to change, as the two crucial
features (the DSP patch loader and "kX ASIO", aka the full duplex
multichannel/low latency PCM device) now exist on Linux.

Lee