Re: [linux-audio-dev] strange error from linuxsampler

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 20 2005 - 11:37:21 EET

Fons Adriaensen:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 01:34:23AM -0000, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>
>> Probably you're running an outdated LSCP implementation. When did you
>> last checked out your linuxsampler?
>
> OK, re-installed everything from CVS, and managed to get it to compile
> and install (was rather tricky).

Good.

> FreePiano.gig now loads (100 %), MIDI is connected, all channels,
> but no sound :-( The stream / voice counters remain at 0. Same midi
> to aeolus on a second sound card works.

How are you routing MIDI to linuxsampler? May I guess you're connecting
the alsa sequencer ports alright? If you're sure that's nothing wrong on
your setup, try matching the midi channels between source and the sampler
channel, instead of settting it to "All". Oh, check whether your MIDI
source names its MIDI channels by number (1-16) bor is it by address
(0-15), or vice-versa.

> The Help panel says: GIG (libgig) support disabled....

Don't worry with that. libgig is only used on qsampler for showing actual
instrument names from a selected .gig file. It has nothing to do with the
linuxsampler engine functionality.

Bye now.

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela