Re: [linux-audio-dev] seeking minimal C++ library for ear-training

From: <james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net>
Date: Mon Jan 24 2005 - 12:46:39 EET

On Sun, 23 Jan, 2005 at 07:46PM -0800, Jeffrey Brown spake thus:
> Thanks, everyone. Your advice was clarifying. In
> particular, TSE3, SndObj, & SDL had a lot of appeal.
> However, I've decided that although programming would
> be more elegant, simply recording drills on audio
> cassette is the fastest way for me to do what I want.

Damnit, he found the sensible solution.

We tried. Tempting him with languages, libraries, addictive synthesis
and various ideas of subverting other software.

Well, that one slipped through the net, but we'll be prepared for the
next one.

Now I'm off to carry on wwriting my blinking simulator that periodically
blanks the screen for a few miliseconds, so I don't have to physically
blink any more.

It's amazing how automating these things makes life bearable.