Re: [linux-audio-dev] Firewire support in Linux

From: Andreas Kuckartz <A.Kuckartz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 26 2005 - 16:28:18 EET

Paul Davis wrote:

> i don't entirely understand how the bridgeco h/w is relevant to a
> communication protocol between, say, a PreSonus audio interface and a
> computer running linux. can anyone enlighten me?

"BridgeCo's Breakout Box solutions are ready-to-go reference designs for
manufacturers of music industry equipment."

See:
http://www.bridgeco.net/products/bebob/index.shtml

In other words: manufacturers can buy a complete design (including firmware
etc.) from BridgeCo and use that (and components delivered by BridgeCo and
others) to manufacture the hardware.

PreSonus is one of those "manufacturers of music industry equipment":
http://www.bridgeco.net/news/PreSonus_Media_Release.shtml

Cheers,
Andreas