[linux-audio-dev] Firewire support in Linux

From: Jan Depner <eviltwin69@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 25 2005 - 23:58:39 EET

    I was interested in the thread about firewire audio device support
in Linux a while back. Just the other day I noticed that Presonus is
just up the road from where I live so I thought I'd drop them a line and
ask about their two firewire interfaces and if they would consider
releasing specs to the Linux audio community to get drivers written for
them. I received two responses, both of which seem promising:

> Hi Jan,
> We have a Linux fan within our engineering group. I feel certain that
> we
> could provide driver information for the development of Linux based
> FireWire connectivity.
> .
> .
> .
> Please let us know who to contact.
> Kind regards,
>
> Jim Odom
> President/CEO
> PreSonus Corporation
> 225-216-7887 ext. 107

and:

> Mr. Depner
> I'm the engineer interested in Linux that Jim Odom spoke of. I in no
> way
> claim to be even an experienced Linux user, I like the idea behind
> it. I
> can tell you that there is ongoing development of a Linux driver for
> products based on the firewire solution that we employ. The name of
> the
> company whose solution we use is BridgeCo...you might be able to
> google some
> info...no promises. I'm not sure what they've released to the open
> source
> community at this point...but I can tell you they are working on it.
> Thanks
> for your interest in PreSonus and BridgeCo, and if you find out
> something...let me know!

    Just thought I'd throw this out on the list to see what feedback I
get. I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes. If you know someone who
would be interested in working on drivers please pass this to them.
Contact information for Presonus is available on their web page.

Jan