Re: [linux-audio-dev] M-Audio Transit USB with ALSA?

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Sat Jan 29 2005 - 00:52:54 EET

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 22:52 +0100, Albert Graef wrote:
> The Audiotrak Maya 44 USB (http://www.audiotrak.de/eng/maya44u.html)
> also looks nice, but I couldn't find any info about Linux support. Has
> anyone here tried that one?

Sorry, no idea. In theory any "class compliant" USB audio device should
work on Linux. Try asking M-Audio if the device is class compliant.
Personally I wouldn't buy one unless I had some reports from other Linux
users.

But, how horrible is this:

http://www.audiotrak.de/eng/directwire.html

If you thought Linux audio was a mess, consider how bad the Windows
situation must be when hardware manufacturers are implementing
proprietary driver-level hacks for ASIO, MME, WDM, and GSIF apps to talk
to each other.

Lee