[linux-audio-dev] Mx41 update

From: Jens M Andreasen <jens.andreasen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 29 2005 - 02:01:10 EET

Mx41 minor update at
 http://hem.passagen.se/ja_linux

This wasn't on my todo list, but I just stumbled over the missing link
in the voice assign/stealing algorithm and couldn't help implementing
it. Just to check out if it really worked ... and I think it did :)

I now have voices in five assignment-ques:

silent // absolutely idle voices
released // voices about to become idle
excess holdpedal // elder voices than mentioned below ..
holdpedal // the two most recent voices for a given key
fingered // voices where the key is still pressed

... and a short two-voice que for each key to figure out the 'excess'
part.

Voice assign will at best find a silent voice and at worst a fingered
voice.

Rolls (tremolo?) now works proper without stealing highest or lowest
note, nor anything inbetween for that matter. Finally!

Is there room for improvement? Yes I think so ... It is now possible to
get 'clicks' with certain combinations of envelope and playingstyle. On
the other hand it is also quite easy to avoid, so I will work slowly on
this one.

--
   (
    )