Re: [linux-audio-dev] Buggy audio debian packages

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 29 2005 - 02:29:11 EET

Hallo,
Eric Dantan Rzewnicki hat gesagt: // Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:

> I'm on the fence about whether or not to start figuring out the whole
> debian new maintainer process and start down the road toward becoming a
> debian developer. I think I could do it, but I'm not sure I would enjoy
> learning all of the bureaucracy and jargon.

You might also consider to just work on A/Demudi, which has not that
much bureaucracy and Free, the main maintainer, surely would welcome a
helping hand, I suppose.

FTBFS is explained in the Debian Reference Manual, btw, which is
required reading for maintainers anyway. Many critical bug reports in
Debian are of the FTBFS type.

Ciao