[linux-audio-dev] Change midi device order?

From: <airplays55@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 22:56:19 EET

Is there a way for me to re-order the OSS (not alsa)
midi devices that show up from sndstat?

The reason is I am using the SB-live! soundcard and am
unable to record input in rosegarden21 because it
records midi from the first device (#0) and I am
having somehow some kind of conflict resulting from 2
midi devices. Sndstat says:

MIDI devices:
0: Error: No such device or address
/dev/midi00 : Device or resource busy
1: EMU10K1 MIDI

I don't know why one soundcard results in 2 drivers
but I'd like to disable the bad device or reorder
them.

This is for knoppix (ALSA isn't an option) and and I
have confirmed that midi output works (since playmidi
-e works) and that midi input works (by running a
short program that echo midi input to screen, using
/dev/midi)