Re: [linux-audio-dev] live pa questions

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 04 2005 - 16:55:39 EEST

On Monday 04 April 2005 15:18, Dave Griffiths wrote:
> Is there a chance that signals generated from software could damage live PA
> equipment? I'm guessing not, as there is obviously (I assume) some limiting
> built into soundcards, but I'm just wondering what applications do to, if
> anything, to help.

Its the same noises as in analog-equipment. For ruining the speakers you need
a square wave, the longer the square, the better. The involved
high-frequencies might be to much for the high-freq-speaker as normaly the
signal-amount in this part isn't the same as in the lower parts so
speaker-manufactures don't have to make them to powerfull to get the label
200W sticked on them.

And a real constant value outputted from your self-made-synthesizers will kill
the bass-box...

How to do that in analog? Feedbacks and plugging a battery on the box or
getting a voltage-shift into your equipment...

If this is not correct, please correct me,

Arnold

--
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the
Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be