Re: [linux-audio-dev] live pa questions

From: Marije Baalman <nescivi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 04 2005 - 17:11:17 EEST

Hi,

possibly you can inadvertently add a DC-offset in your signal, which
(depending on the soundcard, I guess) could reach your PA unfiltered.
This then can put your speakers in a constant offset-state, limiting
your dynamic range and possibly hurting it.
A simple highpass filter, set to a rather low frequency will rid you of
any DC-offset.

sincerely,
Marije