Re: [linux-audio-dev] Other real-time options

From: Jack O'Quin <joq@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 09 2005 - 06:02:20 EEST

Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> First, please stop this "arrogant lkml-people" attitude, it won't help.
> Second, I would think that instead of a petition with just lots of names
> on it, I would prefer a letter signed by the maintainers of as many
> Linux projects as possible, i.e. not signed as "Jean-Marc Valin", but
> "Speex maintainer" (Jack maintainer, GnomeMeeting, ...). I'm sure this
> would give a lot more weight to the proposition.

If being an audio developer carried any weight with these people,
you'd think they would listen to Paul Davis or Lee Revell or me. They
don't.

Con Kolivas is one of the good guys. But, the "arrogant fools" don't
listen to him much, either.

Go slowly demanding new scheduler hackery. Ingo and Con both have
good ideas, but neither scheduler worked well enough for prime time in
my testing a couple of months ago.

--
  joq