Re: [linux-audio-dev] Creating the conditions for VST-like plugins on Linux.

From: Shayne O'Connor <forums@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 09 2005 - 06:01:31 EEST

Arnold Krille wrote:

>Yeah, but _we_ program for us, not for musicians or money, just for us and our
>own fun. If someone can use it and even pay for it, fine. But most of us do
>this in spare time so there is no "we must do this..."!

just thought this was interesting in the context of the
real-time/low-latency thread going on here ... cos, i guess, the kernel
developers could throw this argument in the face of those who are
campaigning for a real-time solution ...

very solipsistic and wierd.

anyway, i wouldn't have normally responded, but i've been following the
real-time thread and thought i'd point out a little drunken hypocrisy :)
(no offense intended).

shayne