Re: [linux-audio-dev] Creating the conditions for VST-like plugins on Linux.

From: <torbenh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 10 2005 - 15:06:39 EEST

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 12:33:40PM +0200, Arnold Krille wrote:
> And something on the real subject:
> I don't think we need another layer or plugin-api. We have ladspa and dssi as
> the linux-stuff and try to support vst from windows. So Windows-users can
> switch to linux while not loosing all of their beloved plugins while
> additionally learning about the linux-ladspa-dssi plugins and sooner or later
> replacing the vst ones with adequate linux ones...

i am very sorry to say that in this forum.
but the vst API is a superset of all APIs we have for linux.

the only bad thing about vst is that its not clearly documented, and
most plugins are crippled shareware.

i am very sad to see myself switching to vsti synths, simply because a
vsti is transport aware !

again, it is not possible to replace the synth i am currently playing
with a dssi plug.

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language