[linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] Concerning libfst, vstserver, and dssi-vst

From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 12 2005 - 03:16:39 EEST

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 09:14:58 -0400, Dave Phillips wrote:
> 3. The dssi-vst bridge is still unknown to me because of issues with
> RH9, and I've not had time to test it on FC3. But is there any general
> feeling that dssi-vst is a better route to take, at least for the normal
> user ? Btw, I like the DSSI API, but it seems slow in catching on with
> developers. Is that perception correct ?

Well, we dont really have any basis for comparison. There aren't legions
of instrument developers clamoring for a plugin API, so theres no way to
tell it its OK or not yet.

I'm not particularly worried because LADSPA took some time ot tkae off,
but it is one of the best plugin APIs IMNSHO. OSC seems to be gaining
popularity, and thats a selling point of DSSI.

- Steve