Re: [linux-audio-dev] This is what its all about.

From: Dave Robillard <drobilla@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 21 2005 - 19:38:20 EEST

On Tue, 2005-19-04 at 23:40 +1000, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As some of you may know Linux.conf.au is on in Canberra, Australia
> at the moment and that today we had an audio mini-conf followed by
> a performance night.
>
> The standout tonight was a duo called Deprogram:
>
> http://www.deprogram.net/
>
> who performed some great electronica with live keys and vocals over
> prerecorded tracks. The backing tracks had been recorded on and were
> being played back using Ardour running on a Linux laptop.
>
> The performance was simply stunning. The fact that Ardour, Jack
> and other linux software was used in its production and performance
> is a *huge* validation of what we have been doing all these years.

Absolutely. The sound quality was excellent - so clear, everything cut
through perfectly. It sounded a lot better than tons of shows I've seen
run on Windows/MacOS, so clearly operating system isn't the limiting
factor here :)

If anyone says that linux doesn't have the tools to mix/master
professional sounding tracks, they're wrong. We have proof!

-DR-